An excess is the charge you may incur in the event of a claim. For example if your Excess is €275 with Aviva and you make a claim for €1000, you will be liable to pay the first €275 towards the claim and the Underwriter will cover the remaining €725.
Articles in this section
- What are the different types of house insurance cover available?
- What do I need to know about home insurance? Do I need it?
- How do I renew my home insurance policy?
- How do I make a claim?
- What documents will I be asked to supply?
- Do I need to take inflation into account?
- Does home insurance cover flooding?
- What happens after I pay?
- Can I get home insurance for my house that I rent out to tenants?
- How do I pay my home insurance premium?