If your Plan has a number of benefits and you pay your Plan premiums through salary, you might see two deductions on your payslip. This is because tax relief applies to the Disability Benefit portion of your premium only. Therefore, your employer is likely to split your overall premium into two on your payslip; one that refers to the Disability Benefit and receives tax relief and one that refers to the Death Benefit and/or Specified Illness Benefit, where applicable, and does not receive tax relief.
Articles in this section
- What happens if I cancel my membership or leave my Union?
- When does my membership end?
- What if I travel abroad?
- What happens if I change my terms of employment or take unpaid leave?
- How many times can I claim Disability Benefit?
- How do I make a Disability Benefit claim?
- Why am I seeing two deductions on my payslip?
- Do I get tax relief on my premiums?
- What is Death Benefit?
- What is Specified Illness Benefit?